Thursday, September 22, 2011

My car service engine light came on. How long do i have to fix it?

I have a 2003 mitsubishi eclipse. Its over 150,000 miles on it. I just forked out 515.00 dollars for new brake pads and roaters. And 50.00 dollars for a oil change and flush. I don't get paid for another two weeks and the engine light came on 4 days ago. On monday i took it to an Auto Zone and they plugged in something to the inside of my car. Which narrowed it down to 4 things.

1. Defective,loose or missing fuel cap

2. EVAP canister broke, hose cracked or not connected

3. Purge or vent solenoid defective

4. Vacuum leak at engine

My fuel cap is not loose or missing and thats all i know. But i need to know how much time do i have to get this fixed as i don't get paid for another two weeks.My car service engine light came on. How long do i have to fix it?It should be done ASAP, none of these sound as though the car will stall and leave you stranded but If I were you I'd try not to drive it too much and too farMy car service engine light came on. How long do i have to fix it?I have an 83 firebird, the Service Engine light is on and has been that way for quite sometime and it has had no affect on the car its self.



Take it to a shop and have them look it over.My car service engine light came on. How long do i have to fix it?I had a 1995 Ford F150, and I drove that truck with the check engine light on for four years. If I were you, I'd just have someone at a repair shop investigate for you. But if I were to pick one of the four from the list you've given, I'd have to say it's probably a bad solenoid, unless you hear some bizarre noises coming from the engine, then it's a vacuum leak.My car service engine light came on. How long do i have to fix it?This happened to me not too long ago. It ended up being a vacuum leak. Probably the guys at the gas station didn't put my cap on tight enough. The light will go on and stay on until it is reset, so the Midas guy told me. He just rest the light and said, if it stays off, then it was that (it has stayed off). Only cost me $30. Might want to try a local place and just have them reset the engine light? it's worth a try.My car service engine light came on. How long do i have to fix it?You have a problem with the evaporative emissions control system, this will not hurt the car, just the environment. You will need to get the problem fixed before your next smog check, otherwise it will fail.My car service engine light came on. How long do i have to fix it?My check engine light has been on for just over a year.... car still runs great???My car service engine light came on. How long do i have to fix it?i'd find someone who can take a quick look to see if its ok to drive, someone who knows cars obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment