Thursday, September 22, 2011

HELP ME!!!! BRAKE LIGHTS WONT GO OUT?

Hi,



I have a 1992 Toyota Corolla, and I went to the pool earlier today and came out and my brake lights were on!! Car was off, the emergency brake wasn't on, not that that should make a difference, but anyway when I started it, it cranked right up, and the headlights are fine, but for some reason, the brake lights just stay on. When I step on the brake, nothing changes. I was concerned about it running out my battery if left unfixed, so I pulled the fuse for the tail lights and it finally went out, but I know this can't be good. What is happening to my car, and how much should I expect to pay to fix it? Is there a quick fix, or maybe something I haven't tried yet?



Thank you for your answers!!!HELP ME!!!! BRAKE LIGHTS WONT GO OUT?Get youself down by the break pedal. You will see that the 'arm' of the pedal, when pushed down, hits a little plastic device which has a spring under it. When you step on the break, it engages the device with clicks the break lights on. Foot off the break and the device is disengaged and the spring makes it go back in place. Your device has gotten stuck in the engaged position. Just gently pull it up with your hand. that should do it. I hope.HELP ME!!!! BRAKE LIGHTS WONT GO OUT?It will run the battery down eventually. The switch is on the brake pedal and the plunger on that switch is stuck. It needs to have the dust and grit cleaned off it. Put some WD40 on it and push it in and out until it frees up.HELP ME!!!! BRAKE LIGHTS WONT GO OUT?i had the same problem with my car though it seem to only happen when the car was running. i had it checked to then discover the brake light switch located under the foot pedal needed some adjustment.HELP ME!!!! BRAKE LIGHTS WONT GO OUT?Simple fix. The inexpensive brake light switch is out of adjustment or needs replacement. It's located above your brake petal linkage up inside the footwell.HELP ME!!!! BRAKE LIGHTS WONT GO OUT?brake light switch is either bad or out of adjustment, it's under the dash up on top of the brake pedal.

No comments:

Post a Comment