Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My brake lights won't turn off,is my brake light switch bad, help?!?

I have an 01 Cavalier. My turning signal relay recently had to be changed. After I did that the brake lights came and have stayed on ever since. The only way to make them turn off is to pull the fuse. I believe it's the brake light switch, so how do I change it properly?



I have the new switch but the plastic part that it fits on in the bracket broke when I took the switch out. What is the best way to make my brake lights work right again?My brake lights won't turn off,is my brake light switch bad, help?!?if the plastic holder in the bracket broke you need to get another one, then replace your brake light switch, the proper way to adjst it is to pull the pedal towards you then slide the switch into its holder and turn it clockwise, it should lock down. you can get the holder from your chevy dealer, it's possible that you knocked it out of adjustment when you replaced the flasherMy brake lights won't turn off,is my brake light switch bad, help?!? if he lights are on all the time, it's most likely the switch needs to be adjusted. that can be done from under the dash. there is a nut and screw assembly behind the brake pedal, turn it one way or the other until the lights go off, then tighten the nut down and check to see if they are still on. if they are off then you are good to go, if they are on, then turn it some more once off then you should be OK. good luck ................ email me if you have any more questions.My brake lights won't turn off,is my brake light switch bad, help?!?light stay on yes most likely the brake switch easy fix just look above brake pedal shouldnt even need any tools to replace it one nut one wire about 5 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment