Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do you change the idle speed on your car?

I have a '99 Galant and after I've been driving for a while the oil pressure light comes on when I hit the brakes and the engine rpms drop to idle at about 700 rpms. As soon as I hit the gas the light goes back out at about 900 rpms. my oil pump is fine and there are no leaks in the oil lines so i'm fairly certain that's not the problem. I think idle speed is too low but since there's no carbureator I can't figure out how to increase it.How do you change the idle speed on your car?your car is computer controlled, the idle is set and should not need to be tampered with. it sounds like you have a low oil pressure problem. You say your pump is good, how do you know this? Your oil pump is not the only thing that determines your oil pressure, which is triggering that light. How maNY MILES ARE ON IT ?How do you change the idle speed on your car?sounds like you may have a bad valve or head problem, I had a mustang that did the same thing and it needed a new head. but as far as adusting the idle, i think that even in 1999 it was controled by the computer. in other words you can't.How do you change the idle speed on your car?I think there is a cable on the throttle body. I know there is an ICM(Idle Control Motor) so you have to adjust that opr the idle controller on the throttle body.

No comments:

Post a Comment