Thursday, September 22, 2011

Help with a driving incident!?

So i was pulling out of a parking lot with heavy traffic, and there was a break in it except for one person tuning left into the plaza i was in from another entrance. There was a light change, and i had started to go forward, when the person turning suddenly changed his mind and started coming towards me. Not wanting to be hit by the now oncoming traffic that i couldn't avoid by going forward due to the turning car, I looked behind me and backed up. I simultaneously heard a horn and felt a bump, but was unsure of its source. I rolled forward about 6 inches and saw the roof of a car become visible in my mirrors. I got out and checked my vehicle and hers and gave her a thumbs up to show luckily no damage had incurred, but she must have not believed me because she got out of her car to look, and she failed to engage her car in park or engage the emergency brake, and rear ended my car. I told her hopefully there was still no damage, and she went back to her car and pulled out from the bumper of mine. There was EXTREMELY minimal damage now; the plastic lining around her grill was cracked, and she felt it necessary to call the police and fire department. I was cited with unsafe backing, and she with failure to control her vehicle. The damage was done when she rear ended my car, and since she didn't see that there was no damage before she rear ended me, how will this work out? I am telling the truth and since we can't determine when the damage occurred, will my word be held for its value when i swear that there was no damage when i backed into her, and that it occur ed when she hit me? NO damage occurred to my car, her car was very small and when it rolled into me it kinda went under my bumper. No one was injured. So my questions are:

Will I have to pay for the damage most likely? or how ill that work out? And this is my first moving violation, I am 16 in the state of Arizona, what will happen to my license in regards to points and what will be my most likely method of action that the court will tell me?Help with a driving incident!?First - on the citation - I would think that the officer properly charged you for improper backing. Which should be a fine and court costs - plus points from you license.



Next - the damages - since both of you were charged with moving violations - I would think your insurance companies would settle the percentage of fault - and would probable pay 50-percent of the total damages. This will increase both of the driver's insurance rates. You would have to pay your deductibles and co-pays.Help with a driving incident!?sounds like you both were wrong?? she got a ticket too!! be shure to tell the insurance company that too?looks like you both was equally wrong??Help with a driving incident!?Sounds like you were BOTH at fault. You first, and then her. You need to contact your insurance company and explain what happened - so that your insurnace company knows the whole story.



I don't know about what will happen with your license - some states penalize young drivers more than they do more experienced drivers.
  • vc
  • good tanning spray
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment