Thursday, September 22, 2011

2002 Ford Explorer Brake job question?

I have a 2002 Ford Explorer, the ABS light came on so I know I need brakes. I bought it 5 years ago used and I have not changed the brakes yet so I am assuming I need rotors as well. I have looked around my area to get an estimate of how much a complete brake job would be (with rotors, etc) and at this point I don't have that much money. My question is: can I just replace the brake pads only, and then in a couple of months when I do have the money replace everything? I just moved to South Florida from Mass. so I do not know anyone that can change the brakes on the side, or a place the is reputable and cheap.

Thank you,2002 Ford Explorer Brake job question?the abs is a anti lock system,the abs light has nothing to do with the condition of your brakes.it may be telling you the abs is not working which is no big deal.and yes you can just replace the pads even if the rotors are grooved,the pads just sort of mold in.2002 Ford Explorer Brake job question?The answer is yes you can change just the pads. The pads will wear faster because of the imperfections/ wear on the rotors. if you change only the pads Check closely for cracks it the rotors you plan to put back on . Also if they have lots of grooves and are not flat you may take them and have them turned, provided they have enough thickness.
  • red hair
  • Duvet cover designers research
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment