Thursday, September 22, 2011

2005 Nissan Altima S suddenly just stuck in park when I was changing the bulb to my dome light?

Ok I was putting in blue interior lights in my car, it worked fine. then I parked it at walmart and suddenly I couldn't shift it drive or neutral or anything. It was just stuck on Park. Um my interior lights wouldn't come on anymore, my brake lights are working just fine. Well to get home i just popped open the emergency release button thingy and able to get it to shift to %26quot;D%26quot; but still curious to know what could have happened? and if i take this to a shop, how much do you think it would cost?2005 Nissan Altima S suddenly just stuck in park when I was changing the bulb to my dome light?Since your interior lights aren't coming on anymore, you may have blown a fuse. There is a solenoid that interlocks the shifter so that it will not shift out of park unless the brake pedal is depressed. If there is no power to that solenoid, it will not shift.2005 Nissan Altima S suddenly just stuck in park when I was changing the bulb to my dome light?Perhaps the interior light is part of a security system in your car and without the correct ampage and wattage, they security system will engage. I know that is the case with some Fords.

No comments:

Post a Comment