Monday, September 19, 2011

The brake lights don't work on my 2000 Jeep Cherokee.?

I checked every fuse, and replaced the light bulbs. however the brake lights still do not work. I read somewhere to change the brake switch on top of the brake pedal. I took a look and it looks like a white plastic box. If that is the solution how do I remove and change it??The brake lights don't work on my 2000 Jeep Cherokee.?Before replacing more unnecessary parts, do a little testing with either a meter or a 12V test light.



Do you see 12V at the light socket terminals with the brake pedal is pushed? How about between the positive side and the chassis?



Do the other lights in the assembly work? (The tail lights and reverse lights.)



I don't have my manuals handy, but I can check later on the procedure for the switch. But in the mean time, check out some of the Jeep tech websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment