Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I down shift in a manual transmission car?

first and foremost, 95% of the time I just put it in neutral and coast to a stop with the brakes.



I don't engine brake, even though SOME ppl insist on doing this.



The thing is, how DO I engine brake, if I ever need to do it? the closest thing I've ever done that would be comparable to downshifting is while I coast in neutral, the light changes before I come to a stop and I shift to a lower gear to accelerate again (say 2 or 3)



but when I see a red light way ahead of me, do I just press the clutch in, and down shift through ALL the gears, matching my gear with the current speed of the car? so I gotta depress the clutch, shift sequentially to the next lower gear, THEN match the clutch and flywheel together 3-5 times? sounds like like alotta unnecessary extra steps to get to the same end to me....How do I down shift in a manual transmission car?http://www.standardshift.com/faq.html

here is the infor you asked for study it and pratice in a lot where no one is.. the more you do it the better you get ok

No comments:

Post a Comment