Thursday, September 22, 2011

Car rolling backwards in drive?

Hey so I drive a 2002 dodge durango...Not sure how many miles are on it though. Anyway today when I was stopped at a light, the light changed and when I went to take my foot off the brake, the car started rolling backwards and it wouldn't stop even when I pushed on the brake. So then I but the car in neutral and then tried putting it back in drive but it was still rolling backwards. So then I slammed my foot on the break, put the car in park, put on the emergency brake...And the car STILL wasn't braking! So finally it registered that it was suppose to be breaking and I instantly turned the car off, and turned my hazards on and just sat in the car. What could be causing this to happen..? There were no new or unusual noises the car was making and it was still running fine..just going backwards and not braking. Please help! And my car is an automatic.



Thanks!Car rolling backwards in drive?I don't know anything about cars but you should definitely bring it into the shop. I had a problem where my car was rolling backwards and wouldn't accelerate. Turns out my tranny was busted. Bring it into a shop for a proper diagnosis.Car rolling backwards in drive?Are you sure that your were forward in the car?

No comments:

Post a Comment