Monday, October 24, 2011

What is wrong with my car? Engine shuts off when idiling...?

I have a 1997 Nissan Altima. The battery %26amp; alternator were changed recently. Battery has tested good. I also had a recent tuneup. My car will sometimes die while idling. When the car does die, the following lights turn on the dashboard: E-brake, oil light, %26amp; battery. I suspect the fuel pump is going bad because it will sometimes choke while accelerating. I have to rev the engine while in Neutral to keep the car from dying. What do you think? Also, how much should a repair be?What is wrong with my car? Engine shuts off when idiling...?fuel throttle or air sensor one of the two, good luck mate.What is wrong with my car? Engine shuts off when idiling...?go to authorized service in nissan



if some parts need to replace

replace OriginalWhat is wrong with my car? Engine shuts off when idiling...?I would Look into checking your fuel Filter. Sometimes they get stuffed up and don't let enough gas through unless you've got your foot on the gas.What is wrong with my car? Engine shuts off when idiling...?Could be a number of things. Sounds like carbon build-up in some of your emission control sensors. That is a lot more common these days with ethanol enriched fuel. If you can, find a gas station that has no ethanol in it's gas. That should help some. Also, go to one of the chain auto parts stores and ask for %26quot;Sea-Foam%26quot; fuel additive. It works really good at cleaning your fuel system and displacing water in your fuel. I would try that first before running up a big mechanics bill. Good luck.What is wrong with my car? Engine shuts off when idiling...?reset the throttle bodyWhat is wrong with my car? Engine shuts off when idiling...?it can be the throttle, and that might cost you about 150 bucks

No comments:

Post a Comment