Monday, October 24, 2011

How much does it cost to replace an engine seal?

Ok, I bought a 1998 Mits Eclipse. I was told everything should be fine with it, the guy who sold it to me said his mom was driving it and just decided she wanted a new car. Now it's leaking oil from in between the engine and the tranny, my brother said it's most likely an engine seal. I like cars, but I don't know that much about how much this stuff costs. I am spending $1000 just on the car, then I bought new air, oil and fuel filters, plus the oil for the oil change. I may have to buy new brakes, they are rusted, my brother said he's going to try to salvage the ones on there first. And now the check engine light has come on. I have to completely sanitize the interior considering I had to strip all the fabric parts (seats and carpet) out so I could bomb it because of how many bugs took up residence in the car in the 11 months it was sitting. Sorry, had to gripe about all the other stuff wrong. Does anyone know how much the engine seal is going to cost me?How much does it cost to replace an engine seal?yes putting the seal in parts and labor will cost you about 600 bucks probably ,that's the most you should have to pay for it,they have to pull the transmission out to do this,its a big job on that one,,you might wind up with more in that car than you want to have in it,good luck with it.How much does it cost to replace an engine seal?sorry before you go to the new seal try adding a good quality seal conditioner to the oil. some of the seals can be pretty tricky to get to anymore so it could be pretty pricyHow much does it cost to replace an engine seal?The seal is relatively inexpensive, it's the labor that is high. Do it yourself.How much does it cost to replace an engine seal?The engine seal should run about 1200 euros. I just had mine changed as well. But i drive a 1997 Volvo, hatchback. Hope this helps, Good luckHow much does it cost to replace an engine seal?poor girl!!!! if its not leaking to bad dont worry about it.You cant do it your self and do not put any oil conditioner all that does is actually nothing it can mess up the bearings,and cause eng damage seen it before.The fix for the sea; at moms and pops shop should be like 300 bucks.I had bugs in my car i called the bug terminator he killed them.that was awesome! i tried the bombs my self no luck and the smoke will in your interior.It stinks and loosens interior glue like headliner and stuff.Dont worry it s going to be bad *** car when you are done.How much does it cost to replace an engine seal?That $10 rear main seal is located between the engine and the transmission. The least destructive way to replace it is drop the transmission. You are looking at 6 - 10 hours of labor, and it should cost you lot of $ to fix this.How much does it cost to replace an engine seal?TRY THIS PRODUCT AND FOLLOW THE DIRECTION.





ATP-205

No comments:

Post a Comment