Monday, October 24, 2011

Local Ford dealer screwed up my Fiesta's brakes, where do I stand legally?

I've had a V-reg (2000) Ford Fiesta 1.25 for a little over six months, and the foot brake has gotten progressively worse over time, so earlier this week I took the car in to a Ford dealership in Kent for a service. I told them specifically that the brakes were definitely not right when I took it in.



The next day they call me back and tell me the rear brake shoes and cylinders needed replacing, but that otherwise the car was fine. They also changed the brake fluid and engine oil. I agreed to pay the 330 for them to do the job and picked up the car the following day.



When I tried using the brakes I noticed there had been no improvement, and although the handbrake was now a little stiffer I was disappointed that the fault I took it in for had not been rectified. On top of this the (!) brake warning light started flashing intermittently on the dashboard. By this point it was Friday night so I had no way of getting in touch with them about it.



Saturday morning, I start the car up, roll down the driveway and realise the foot brake has completely gone, there is no braking whatsoever with it and the pedal is really floppy. The handbrake still works but that's it.



Considering how potentially dangerous it was for them to return my car in this state I was wondering where I stand regarding getting them to collect and repair the car for free?Local Ford dealer screwed up my Fiesta's brakes, where do I stand legally?Get a report from another mechanic then file a fraud complaint with your state's department of commerce or some such branch. They will investigate and if the company is found guilty, they will reward you compensation and usually publish the results on television. At least, that's what they do in my state.
  • migrating existing portal
  • long hair styles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment