Monday, October 24, 2011

Failure to obey traffic signal ticket in TN?

I received ticket in TN for failure to obey a traffic signal. I wasn檛 speeding and entered the intersection when the light was still yellow. There were very wet streets and there were puddles of water in the road. I was about 10-12 feet from the white line when the light turned yellow and was afraid of sliding with the wet roads if I braked too hard. The officer said I was in the intersection when yellow, but was under the opposite light when light changed to red. He was at a right angle so I檓 not sure how he clearly saw the light, but I thought as long as you didn檛 enter the intersection during the red light it wasn檛 illegal. Who is right? I am really thinking of contesting this ticket, as I did what I thought was safest for me and my family that was with me (not sliding on wet roads). Plus I don't think I broke a law. I should add I have a spotless driving record. Any suggestions? I also should add the officer wrote the wrong section # on the ticket. He wrote 9-403 which is something about making a left hand turn. Didn't know if that made a difference or if he could just correct it.Failure to obey traffic signal ticket in TN?just explain it to the judge ,you were trying to be safe on a wet road.

No comments:

Post a Comment